Music is Everything
Music is everything to me. It helps me to see things through
different lenses. As we all have terrible days, my solution is to pick up the
iPod, put in my earphones, and just listen. Listen to the sounds in which
resemble your emotions. Whether it’s the vocals or the instrumental sections,
you can connect or more so ally with the music. It tends to have a real impact
on your mind. It can comfort. We see that sometimes, that’s all people want.
Comfort. If I was down, I know listening to slow, ‘emotional’ songs would make
me a bit more upset, but I would be completely fine as it’s music. I know that
the music and myself are able to connect. The same thing would apply to me if I
were happy.
Music has a sensational effect on the mind. As I went to my
journalism course for one week, I attended a workshop held by Jonny Ensall
(Journalist). In this workshop, we listened to a song named ‘Bad Blood’ by Nao,
and we were told to write a review about it. Now in writing this review, a guy
called Hussein described the music as being ‘orgasmic to the ears’. Through all
the giggles and heavy laughter (by some), I decided to really think about what
he meant. I soon understood. There were moments in the song where the music
would give out intense and unrestrained excitement, making you want to close
your eyes, or even lay on the beach with the sun glaring right above. Music
tends to do this a lot.
Being brought up in a musical household, I’ve learnt to
appreciate every genre-from Hip pop to indie and classical to country. That’s
not to say that country music or indie music is my cup of tea, but I sure can
enjoy it. The world needs music. Scientist have claimed that music helps with
insomnia (the inability to sleep) and it can also prevent anxiety. Many people
just listen to music and decide not to learn how to play an instrument. Playing
an instrument gives you the ability to have extreme patience, as that’s what it
takes to learn an instrument, pure dedication. I advise everyone to learn an
instrument. Understand what music really means to yourself and the effect it
has on you. Be able to turn to your music without hesitation. Love and enjoy
it.

No comments:
Post a Comment