Thursday, 11 August 2016

The Best VS The Best

      The Best VS The Best?
   
Fruit punch vs Black grape, Ronaldo vs Messi, Android vs ios. The best challenges anyone would love to see, right? Well, what if I could tell you the winners of these challenges…for free? Black grape wins any day, Ronaldo puts Messi to shame and Android is…. No, Ios is…. The huge question is, who wins that.

IOS was developed by Apple. If you walk anywhere outside, where there are many businessmen or women, there is a 50% chance that you’re going to see them holding an IPhone or iPad in their hand. This goes to say that IOSis the second most popular operating system. Wikipedia states that ‘Apples app store’ contains more than 1.4 million IOS apps, in which is very impressive. Talking about apps, they also state that mobile apps have been downloaded more than 100 billion times. Now, there was a point where the optimistic software, Snapchat, was not fully accessible on Android. IOS was at such a strong place, having a better version of Snapchat, as well as Instagram. I interviewed a couple people who are in love with technology. A 21-year-old, University student, Abi, and a 25-year-old, Retail worker, Danny. In interviewing Abi, she had told me that she preferred Android. I asked her why, and part of her response towards IOS was, “I feel like, in all their innovation, they don’t think. They just throw products out and call it innovation.” She did seem quite disappointed with Apple so I decided to also interview Danny, asking him, “Previously I spoke with another person, and she said that…. she believes that IOS is innovative too much, what’s your thoughts on that?” He was not fully agreeing with Abi, as he said, “I wouldn’t really say innovative…”

Android is developed by google. What an amazing operating system this is. It is actually, in fact, the largest installed base of all operating systems. Wikipedia states that Google play had ‘over a million’ apps and over ’50 billion’ apps downloaded. Now, with this being said, I guess IOS wins the battle for the selling and favourable apps. But that really doesn’t tell us what’s the better operating system.


Android seems to be very simple and straight forward. Danny stated that, “I could do what I want with my Android, I could customise it as I want. No obstacles, nothing stopping me from doing so. It’s easy. Simple.” IOS is one of a kind when it comes to having the right operating system. Nowadays, success is shown by anything which is trending worldwide. To go back to ‘Snapchat’, everyone knows that IOS had a better use of it. And because snapchat is trending worldwide, IOS seems to be above Android. As I interviewed Abi, she believed that Apple is incredibly selfish. Using the example of her IPod breaking, she went on to say that, “I believe that you cannot get any worse than Apple.” Now, for operating systems, their real customers are anyone with phones, and if IOS customers aren’t exactly happy about the (OS), then there is a huge problem. 
This shows that Android has always been above IOS, in terms of popularity

Android will take the win for this battle. And who knows...maybe one day, IOS will strike back sooner than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment